Question Computer constantly restarting. No post as well.

Jun 21, 2019
On Monday night I came back to my computer screen frozen with my movie on pause and mouse and keyboard not lit up as well as not receiving input. The insides of the computer were running (fans, lights, rgb) running. Thinking this was a brief issue, I restarted the computer. Upon restarting, the computer would constantly restart with no post screen showing.

The innards, fans, ram and GPU were running or lit up yet the computer would nonetheless restart staying on for a good 20 seconds before restarting and finally staying on but no post screen at all with the keyboard not working.

I've already reseated the ram and used every slot including using 1 ram. Cleared the cmos. Made sure there weren't any grounding issues. Redid my CPU as well as the wirings for the PSU.

I did notice the red bios? Light was not on as it usually was so I attributed this to a faulty mother board. Purchased a new motherboard yet the issue would persist, no post screen and constant 20 second restarts.

To note, I did oc the CPU but it was for decreasing it rather than increasing and it was in the morning. And to add to this, the 2 original ram sticks do not light up yet the 2 I ordered last week do. (All 4 sticks are the same)

So I can rule out a motherboard and ram issue as I got 2 more ram sticks I ordered a week ago to test.

My only guess is a faulty psu or CPU. I am open to any other ideas from y'all.

Specs
(Now new motherboard) Aorus z390 pro
CPU: i7 8700k
Ram: 4x8 corsair vengeance pro. 32gb
Graphics: Asus gtx 1070
Cooler: corsair h100i pro
Case: corsair 570x white
PSU: EVGA 750G+

Last edited: