Question Computer Continually Restarts; No Display

Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys,

So for the past few weeks, my four-year-old build has been acting up. First, it started crashing on games, and then my USB headphones started only playing audio on one side. These two issues may be irrelevant, but then the actual system started acting up not long after these first few issues.

Now, my computer will continually restart every 10 or so seconds, and there is no display on my monitor to diagnose the issue. I've tried to reset the CMOS, and I've verified that all cables are connected. It's been a long time since I've opened up the case, so I'm a little rusty on my computer building skills, so please be patient with me. I've tried to skim this forum as well as others, but nothing has worked yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Should I replace any parts? Should I try to rebuild the whole system again? Is it possible that my computer has died? My build is below:

CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57 CFM Liquid Cooling
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi Mini LGA1150
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB
HDD: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 7200RPM
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB
Case: DeepCool Tesseract BF ATX
PSU: Rosewill Hive 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX

I also have a Blu-Ray optical drive, if that means anything.

Yacobino

Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
You could try re-seating the ram sticks (or try booting on only one) another possible fix that people seem to forget about is cleaning your pc. It may sound stupid but taking a can of compressed air to your PSU, GPU, and CPU cooler could be a potential fix. I would fiddle around with the RAM sticks and see if you can make any progress

Nov 11, 2019
You could try re-seating the ram sticks (or try booting on only one) another possible fix that people seem to forget about is cleaning your pc. It may sound stupid but taking a can of compressed air to your PSU, GPU, and CPU cooler could be a potential fix. I would fiddle around with the RAM sticks and see if you can make any progress
I cleaned out the PC and tinkered with the RAM sticks (two sticks, tried one at a time alternating different slots, though I didn't have any success. Do you (or anyone else) have other suggestions?

Nov 11, 2019
Slight bump. Does anyone have any extra suggestions? Though I think I skimmed most resources out there, should I check out any resources or threads? I just don't wanna give up on my first build...

TRENDING THREADS