Question Computer cpu error?

Sep 28, 2019
Hi,

My pc has been running fine for a couple of weeks. Yesterday after a gaming session it randomly died on me. I got a msi prestige x570 creation with a 3900x. The pc was unresponsive and i could not shut it off: postal code 00 and cpu fail led lit up. Since power button didnt work, i turned off the psu.
I run on the abba bios btw.

When i restart now i get the same 00 error code. Now the cpu fail led is off but all the other fail leds are on: boot, GPU and ram. Did the processor die on me and did i ruin my MB as well by turning off the psu? The power and reset button on the MB are unresponsive as well?

All the rgb's are still on their programmed colour tough, so there is something still working.

Pc had been running fine for a couple of weeks. Nothing changed yesterday, temps were always fine.

I checked the cpu. no bent pins and thermal paste is evenly spread between ihs and cooling block. All the fans are running fine as well.

I am at a loss here, i spent months on research, planning and stocking up on parts and nog it just dies randomly on me. If anyone could shine their light on my issue here i would be most gratefull.

Kind regards

Bart

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
It's customary to include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature. Include the make and model of your PSU as opposed to just the wattage and include it's age. Pass on the version for your OS, the BIOS version for your motherboard and the drivers you were working with for your GPU.

Sep 28, 2019
It's customary to include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature. Include the make and model of your PSU as opposed to just the wattage and include it's age. Pass on the version for your OS, the BIOS version for your motherboard and the drivers you were working with for your GPU.

Sep 28, 2019
Here is the full detail list. Thanks for having a look.
Cpu amd 3900x
Cpu cooler:corsair h100i
Motherboard: msi prestige x570 creation
Ram dual channel gskill ripjaws V 3200cl16
Drives: 2 m2 Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
GPU: 1080ti founders edition with EK mlc Phoenix 140mm radiator loop installed
PSU: brand new corsair hx1200i
CChassis phanteks enthoo luxe 2 with 6 case fans so far (corsairLL120) (this will become open loop build )
Latestwindows 10 update (since it was getting me ready for xbox game pass)
Latest nvidia drivers
BIOS: msi 7C36v14