Question Computer crash - Colored/Blank screen, especially during games.

super_asgeir

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
My computer has been crashing recently, both my screens go blank (full single color, takes color from background) and sound usually continues, at least for a while. Sometimes the screen goes back to normal, sometimes it requires a restart. Inputs during blank-out dont do anything (i.e. its not a monitor thing).
This happens at various times, sometimes as soon as I start the computer, though I usually get to log in to windows. It very often crashes when I launch a game. I restart the computer a few times, and suddenly it will work fine for the rest of the session.

I traveled home for Christmas, and brought my computer with me.
I then proceeded to change my RAM (but the new ones I got for Christmas had the wrong speeds, so I had to change back). Basically taken it in and out. I have pressed and made sure all my 4x4gb sticks are in, and windows recognizes that I have all my 16gb ram connected.
I also added a m2 SSD. I currently only have a couple of games on it. So no changes to my SSD that Windows is on.
I had to take my GPU in and out when installing the m2 SSD.

The computer worked fine while I was home, but the problems started right after I had transported the computer back to my apartment.
Seeing as the problems didnt come before I had moved the computer back again, it might be hardware related.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing my problems?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS