[SOLVED] Computer crash/restart

Jun 11, 2019
Good day. I am having a issue I’m hoping someone could help me with. Well 2 actually. My rig is fairly new. Less then a year. Lately it seems to crash when playing one game. The isle. Just restarts no warning or anything. The other issue is when playing ark when exiting the game I get a kernel trap blue screen. Checked reliability and there are counts of live kernel traps which did not cause a shutdown and cc_engin.exe app crash when it does shut down. Ran memory test and it passes did a system file check updated drivers temps all good etc. no OC. I think cc_engine is dragon command center would this cause a crash?? There is one other issue I think maybe be the culprit is my mobo has a extra 8 pin and my psu did not. I didn’t seem to have issues when I first put it together tho. Maybe a under voltage issue under heavy load?? Any help is appreciated. Also using ryzen master to monitor temps and afterburner to monitor gpu. Dragon center is only used to control the mystic light

components

MSI gaming edge WiFi x570
Ryzen 5 3600x
4x Corsair vengeance 3200 8gb
Cx 650 2017 psu
Power color r9 380 4gb
Cooler master 240 cooler
Cooler master td500 case
Hdd 5200rpm green 3tb
Hdd 7200rpm blue 650gb

Solution
A shut down at load (gaming) like that, normally points to the PSU. Although the CX line aren't the best, they are certainly not the worst either. But it;s possible it's failing, the warranty is prob expired now

If you have another PSU to swap out and try, that might get you the answer quickly. Otherwise, consider bringing the PC to a local repair store and get them to swap out the PSU and test, Or buy a new one.
A shut down at load (gaming) like that, normally points to the PSU. Although the CX line aren't the best, they are certainly not the worst either. But it;s possible it's failing, the warranty is prob expired now

If you have another PSU to swap out and try, that might get you the answer quickly. Otherwise, consider bringing the PC to a local repair store and get them to swap out the PSU and test, Or buy a new one.

Solution
Jun 11, 2019
I’m going to try a new psu as I want a full modular anyways and it’s missing the 4 pin not the 8. It seems that has been known to cause a issue. These x570 boards seem buggy based on what I have read last couple of days. Almost wishing I would have went another way.