[SOLVED] Computer crash while playing games but i can still hear audio

Sep 29, 2020
My computer crashes while playing different games, this can take everything from 1-3 hours. The GPU fans will go 100% load and it will show 0 degrees registered. It normally crashes around 70 degrees and 60-70% load. When the screen goes black i can still hear my friends audio and they can still hear me talking, its just that the screen is pitch black.

i built this computer myself back in march so its not more than 6 months old, ive had this issue since i built it but not its getting worse

Components:
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD
Intel Core i5-9600K Prosessor
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO
NZXT Kraken X62 CPU Kjøler
NZXT H510 Sort

Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU
Monitor:
Acer 27" Predator XB271HU

Solution
i can hear the game and my friends on discord, all the computer sound is there. i dont have any kind of overclock, i have to force restart the pc by holding the button down.

well it does sounds like a video driver crash where you lose the video and all but the system is still running... i dont see any immediate problems with the build, and no overclock make things harder... 70C on a cpu is actually cool so temps cant be it.... I can only assume all drivers are up to date right? check if its running on x16 bus speed with cpu-z just to be safe, sometimes not sitting the card perfectly fine makes it run on 8x, wich wouldnt cause problems technically speaking, but lets just get around discarding every possibility.

lastly it can...
we gonna need more info, some video crashes, for example, turns everything black but you can still hear the game sound in the background, are your hearing your friends on discord or in game?

did you do any overclock on GPU? does it crash and stays there stuck or the game closes, or you get a BSOD, CTD a hard restart?

Sep 29, 2020
i can hear the game and my friends on discord, all the computer sound is there. i dont have any kind of overclock, i have to force restart the pc by holding the button down.

well it does sounds like a video driver crash where you lose the video and all but the system is still running... i dont see any immediate problems with the build, and no overclock make things harder... 70C on a cpu is actually cool so temps cant be it.... I can only assume all drivers are up to date right? check if its running on x16 bus speed with cpu-z just to be safe, sometimes not sitting the card perfectly fine makes it run on 8x, wich wouldnt cause problems technically speaking, but lets just get around discarding every possibility.

lastly it can simply be faulty...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS