Computer Crash - Youtube only, Fallout 4 max settings runs fine.

Evan Vermilion

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
My computer has been crashing, I made a thread about this a couple weeks ago, but the same thing is still happening even though we thought it was resolved. I'll give you a rundown and legit the most details I can about this.

What is happening is that i'll be watching a YouTube video, (Game Grumps) and then the sound will stop and just buzz the last few milliseconds of sound over and over whilst the screen stays on the last frame it was on. It will stay like this for ever, I turn it off just to not damage any parts. This only happens on YouTube, we have tried different browsers as-well. It runs Fallout 4 at max settings perfectly fine, no crashes, screen tearing, anything.

We have ran Memtest, Aida64, Kombustor, AMD Overdrive, etc. There were no errors on any of them, and we stayed at a stable 64-65 degrees Celsius on Kombustor.

Specs:
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Full Tower Black

CPU: AMD FX 4350 Black Edition 4.2GHz Quad-Core - One 4 pin power connector plugged in, can plug in two 4 pins. No overclocks.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V AM3+ - One USB 3.0 header from case plugged in, one P-Led -/+, HDD-Led -/+, etc. Didn't come with speaker for some reason, don't know why.

RAM: EVGA 16GB-DDR3 1600 superclocked series - No overclocks

Hard Drive 1: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB

Hard Drive 2: WD Desktop Mainstream 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt

GPU: Radeon R9 380 - Two 8 pin power connectors plugged in. No overclocks.

Windows 8.1 OS.

AMD Catalyst, BIOS, etc are all updated to the latest driver, we made sure of this and took 3 hours to make sure.

Thank you for reading this over, if you didn't thoroughly read it, I suggest you will, I tell a lot about the specs and what cords are plugged in and where there.

-Evan V.

neo_classical

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Have you made sure your graphics AND sound drivers are up-to-date?
Have you tried CCleaner/similar program to scan for registry errors?
What's your anti-virus memory/CPU usage when playing these YouTube videos?

Evan Vermilion

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015

I'll try CCleaner and check the memory+cpu usage! Thanks :)