Computer crashed after new 1060

Sep 1, 2018
My system was running perfectly fine, with an intel i3-8350k, coolermaster master liquid 240 aio, MSI z370 sli plus, 16gb ddr4 Corsair vengeance ram, Samsung 250gb sata 3 ssd, and evga 500w 80+ bronze. But then I installed my gtx 1060 6gb, (gigabyte windforce oc), and it keeps crashing. I’ve searched every forum I could find about something like it, but I couldn’t find anything. What’s happening is that if I’m doing easy gpu stuff, like watching videos or online stuff, it’s fine. But if I run something more intensive, like call of duty or fortnite, it crashes either after about 8 mins of use, or what I find interesting, is when I close the game. The screen freezes, then usually I have to restart the computer just using the shutdown button, which I hate doing but it’s the only option for me. Then, when it boots back up, the led on the motherboard for the gpu says it’s fine, but it doesn’t have any video output. When I shut down and try again, the led is off. Then, after about 2 mins of letting it sit, or taking it out and reseating it, it boots up just fine.

First thing is ensure the gfx card's PCIe connector is connected properly.

Suggest you download GPU-Z, run it, tell it to log to file (small checkbox at bottom left of sensors tab), and leaving it open, put the card through its paces. See if the temps or card fans are behaving as one might expect, and that the card's clock speeds, voltage and so on are at spec.

Basically check that everything that GPU-Z is telling you is working normally.

Perhaps also consider different driver versions.

Beyond that I would look to testing the card in another system, or testing another PSU in your system to remove any doubt on both components.

Sep 1, 2018
After I posted that, I went to bios and set a my system fans to go pretty high quickly, and same thing for the gpu. Fans were probably at about 80% for all of them. It was noisy, but it never crashed. I have noticed that the card gets pretty buggy and the mouse glitches around, or I get a place screen for about half a second if gpu temps get at about 63 C. Does that help narrow? Sounds like it would make sense why it takes some time until it’s ready to boot.

Sep 1, 2018
I ran gpu z, and it’s saying that the mem clock is at 2002, MSU after Bieber always says 4004, and gigabyte xtreme, as well as the product page, says 8008 MHz. How do I get it up to spec?