Computer crashed, does not detect GPU anymore

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
So I was playing fortnite and both monitors go black, I hear a buzzing noise, and i have to restart my pc. It turns on but doesn't show up on monitors. I plug one of my monitors into my iGpu for my 6700k and was able to access bios and windows no problem. I'm even typing this message from this pc, with the igpu.

In device manager, my GPU isnt detected and when I go into AMD Settings it says there is no AMD Graphics card installed.

I am going to open my PC and see if any of the power cables came loose, but thought I might get this out there beforehand.

Anyways, cya when I come back! If you could leave any suggestions as to what is happening and how I can fix it, that would be great, thank you.

PC:
6700k @ 4.5ghz w/ h100iv2
16gb hyperx 2666mhz
Sapphire Nitro R9 380x (no oc, these are terrible for overclocking) (This card is about 3 years old, but i've never mined cryptocurrency on it or anything. and I just replaced the thermal paste on it about 3-4 months ago, and has been stable ever since.)

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
None of the cables were loose, however after finding that out, I decided to take them all out, blow on them, and plug them back in. Now for some reason my gpu works again. I will do some further stability testing and such, so I will not close or delete this thread, in case I find new evidence as to why this happened. Thank you all for reading