[SOLVED] Computer crashed now won’t post

Feb 3, 2021
I recently purchased parts for a new comp

B550 aorus pro
5600x

I had some struggles getting it together the first day as I had never flashed from a usb before however it posted and I had only minor issues that were fixed by reseating the gpu and it would post

I overclcoked and it was stable would run at good temps and for long periods of time stable.

It’s been about a week now and when I left it on overnight I came back to find the fans all spinning quite loud but the computer was crashed. So I had to manually turn it off but after it would not boot at all. I tried reseating a few things and nothing. No fans, no lights, completely nothing. The external hard drive would light up though but then after reseating a few more things that will no longer light up either. I’ve tried reseating the ram the gpu much of the psu connectors etc

There is no beep or anything to indicate to me any problem.

Any ideas for what the problem could be? I’m hoping it’s just a power supply issue.

I can provide any more details if you need any, thanks for the assistance

Solution
From what i read and the lower quality of the psu might it well be that which is the problem. At least rma it, but really try and get your money back and get a better one.

what do you mean the the discrete gpu?
That would be the RTX 3070. You have no integrated gpu/igp/APU so need this for video output.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU? Might want to also state the rams used in your build and the storage. You might want to breadboard the system with the bare minimum(one stick of ram and using the discrete GPU) and see if you can get the system to POST.

Feb 3, 2021

Make and model of your PSU? Might want to also state the rams used in your build and the storage. You might want to breadboard the system with the bare minimum(one stick of ram and using the discrete GPU) and see if you can get the system to POST.

Hello thank you for the reply!

Cooler master 650w bronze semi fabless power supply

two m.2 ssds one 970 and one 960

a barracuda 1tb hard drive

the ram are 4 - 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr4 sticks

what do you mean the the discrete gpu?

Feb 3, 2021

Additionally I tried leaving only one stick of ram in unplugging all peripherals and the external drive and still nothing, no lights no fans just dead silence

Feb 3, 2021

i removed and then reseated the 24pin power connector and a green light flashed on the motherboard and the fans will now spin, what could this have meant for the crash? Why would the 24pin need to be reseated to ever POST again? Should I get a new power supply?

I then moved it back, plugged all the extra stuff back in and tried turning it on and now it will no longer turn on again

Feb 3, 2021

i now have unplugged the HDD from the Sata and removed it and now the power light goes back green when I reseat the 24x power and the computer starts

does this sound like a faulty power supply?