Computer crashes all the time even when i'm not using it WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR

gundamdud

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
Since i built my new computer i keep getting a blue screen that gives error code WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR and a weird buzzing noise. I notice it personally most when watching movies or playing a game but at other times too but i looked in the logs and it looks like its been happening all the time when i'm not home. I was told thats normally from a poor or failing power supply so i upgraded from Corsair CX Series 750 Watt to EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Power Supply 80PLUS Platinum Certified. But it still happens though i think less often.
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe
GPU: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
CPU; Intel(R) Core i7-4770k
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 1600 MT/s CL9 @1.5V UDIMM 240-Pin
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Corsair Hydro h105
Samsung EVO SSD
HDD Western Digital 2 TB SATA III

Solution
process of elimination

some guys build a new rig and then go and dump all that drivers and software on it all at one time and then have a issue now they don't know what the deal is..

now if you just load the base drivers like chipset lan audio boot and check and see its all good then load the next in line and check and so on that way if a issue comes up its more than likely it was one of the last ones you installed cause the issue did not occur until it was loaded and run -- also I avoid all the gimmickware stuff --fast boot ,asus suite type things , afterburner and so on the crapware--

then you got windows 8 -- like Microsoft is looking to distance them selves from it so ... I don't use it so I don't know [all...

gundamdud

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014

My os is Win 8.1 The only time i OC is the benchmark and i haven't yet gotten the error during a OC.
Its been happening since the first boot up so i dont think its a driver problem, i skimmed through that page. I understand now that WHEA is a hardware problem and the uncorrectable basically means windows doesn't know how to fix it automatically but i'm still not sure on the steps to take to find which component is causing the error none of the parts are even a year old yet so there all in warranty if i can find the problem.

process of elimination

some guys build a new rig and then go and dump all that drivers and software on it all at one time and then have a issue now they don't know what the deal is..

now if you just load the base drivers like chipset lan audio boot and check and see its all good then load the next in line and check and so on that way if a issue comes up its more than likely it was one of the last ones you installed cause the issue did not occur until it was loaded and run -- also I avoid all the gimmickware stuff --fast boot ,asus suite type things , afterburner and so on the crapware--

then you got windows 8 -- like Microsoft is looking to distance them selves from it so ... I don't use it so I don't know [all opinion]

Solution

TRENDING THREADS