Question Computer crashes and gives black screen with horizontal color lines.

Feb 8, 2023
So a few months ago I bought a 2nd hand MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8G. In the beginning everything went well but at certain points the pc black screen with horizontal colored lines and the sound freezes in a loop glitch.

When restarting the pc it will load into windows and then after 1 min it will crash again this time then by red weird icons or again a black screen.

When then restarting again it will show the motherboard manufacture but then it just black screens and will not boot into windows.

4th restart will boot to windows but then in low resolution.

5th restart will have everything back to normal

It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it can take days/weeks for it to reoccur. Mostly happen when gaming like Overwatch 2 and Resident evil.

I also removed all the drivers with DDU and reinstalled them correctly. First it seems fine but then happen again in the same fashion

I cant reproduce it when running benchmarks. Happens only when Gaming with Discord on and then even time from time.

I am out of ideas for possible fixes.

So my girlfriend has a gaming PC with the following components in it by my knowledge:
CPU: Intel i5 9600K
Motherboard: B365M DS3H
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8G
RAM: Hyperx 16GB 2666 MHz
PSU: Seasonic 550 watt

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seasonic is the brand of the unit while 550W is the advertised wattage for the unit. Can you please state the model for the unit? Please include the age of the unit as well.

I bought a 2nd hand MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8G
That might very well be the issue...

BIOS version for your motherboard? Howa re you cooling that processor? While everything seems to be normal, can you see what GPU-Z states with regards to memory size for the discrete GPU?

Feb 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seasonic is the brand of the unit while 550W is the advertised wattage for the unit. Can you please state the model for the unit? Please include the age of the unit as well.

I bought a 2nd hand MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8G
That might very well be the issue...

BIOS version for your motherboard? Howa re you cooling that processor? While everything seems to be normal, can you see what GPU-Z states with regards to memory size for the discrete GPU?

PSU: Seasonic S12III 500 80 bronze, B07MWG3911. So sorry its not 550

Memory size: 8192MB

CPU is air cooled with Cooler Master 212 Dual fan never gets higher than 61 degrees, its not overclocked.

BIOS version: F5 Didnt know it was not updated yet, I could try to update it to F7

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023
PSU: Seasonic S12III 500 80 bronze, B07MWG3911. So sorry its not 550

Memory size: 8192MB

CPU is air cooled with Cooler Master 212 Dual fan never gets higher than 61 degrees, its not overclocked.

BIOS version: F5 Didnt know it was not updated yet, I could try to update it to F7

I shall try to upgrade the PSU first cus now that the person told me its 500 instead of 550 I Kinda have my concerns