Question Computer crashes and only fan is left running

May 15, 2019
I've been having constant crashing while gaming (destiny 2) each time with a different color screen and the PC is still on and running but no display output; I thought it was a GPU driver issue. However, I download all the lastest driver for my GTX 970 and the display would still crash. But then one time the PC crashed completely and only the fan was left running, tried holding the power button but nothing would respond, however after unplugging the PSU and restarting the PC it worked again but there are still crashes where the monitor has no output and the PC is still on. I'm running windows 10, i5-7600k(not OC),gigabyte z270-hd3-cf , 2x8gb DDR4(2133mhz), 480gb SanDisk plus SSD, Gtx970 (not OC), Dual monitor (one hdmi and one displayport). Please help, thank you

mtracy1991

Reputable
Sounds like a dying or faulty GPU. Open up event viewer in Windows and look for the Systems tab and select it. Click on the errors that show up and post them. Try and narrow down the crash time versus the operation system time errors.