Greetings dear reader,
I bought my First Gaming computer 3 years ago with a
Cpu: Fx4300
Gpu: Amd R7 360OC
8gb of ram DDR3
Board: Gigabyte GA970A-DS3P
Standard Cooler (small one)
Power Supply: is a Corsair VS650

Now this was not good enough for me and a different reason you will read very very soon so 1 year ago i upgraded the PC with
Cpu: Fx8370 With a Wraith Cooler
Gpu: AMD Rx 470 4gb Strix
Same 8gb ram
Same GA 970A DS3P
Same Vs650 Power supply.

For as long as i have it. It tends to crash once every 2 weeks for absolutely no reason (Staring at my background kind of usage). So i decided to upgrade it because it was not quick enough and i thought the problem was related to my CPU or GPU.
But after i did this (upgrade) Which i was very proud of : D, it crashes nearly ever 3 hours while playing a specific game (WarThunder Which runs a very smooth 90fps average)
The crash is a sort of crash where the screen goes black and the in game sounds glitch and make a 0,3 second loop, the computer then completely locks up and will not recover from it. This Crash is completely random (so i don't got any footage of it) and forces me to hold down the power button and force it to turn off. Now since i really like playing War Thunder i am getting sick of my computer failing on me and i ask you, the very nice community of TomsHardware to try and help me fix this problem..

Solution
well what you are describing is typical of PSU failure and a Corsair VS650 is not great quality unit tier 4
PSU Tier list tier 1-2 are good for gaming
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II

GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee
well what you are describing is typical of PSU failure and a Corsair VS650 is not great quality unit tier 4
PSU Tier list tier 1-2 are good for gaming
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II

GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Reactions: Shoji_
Solution

Shoji_

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
Well the VS650 is still going somehow. The spontaneous crashing has stopped long ago for no reason. However the computer is now struggling with full screen games/ videos. When gaming full screen all is well, graphics are good and frames are constant. However from time to time the screen goes black for 6 seconds whilst the game or video continues to run. I slotted in the old AMD R7360 to see if i could isolate the problem but it did not work.

Recently it has stopped giving me a black screen and now the screen just flickers like an old TV for a 1/4 of a second. This happens in windowed mode and full screen mode. The monitor is not the source of the problem since it works fine with other devices while using the same HDMI cable. If it is the PSU then i will replace it with one of the preffered PSU's described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS