Computer crashes during gaming

planbam

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hey guys, my computer is about 9 months old now (home-built) and just recently is started to crash while gaming. So far the confirmed games that I've tried and it crashes on is Smite and Defiance.

I check the event viewer and all I can find dealing with the crashing is the critical error with a source of Kernel-Power and the ID is 41.

Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PlanBam/saved/11If

Along with this I am now using a Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset, CM Storm Trigger Keyboard, and CM Storm Havoc Mouse.

My computer will randomly shut off any from 5-30 minutes of gaming, and then continue to restart itself. I have monitored my GPU Temps and they are fine, and CPU I will minimize and check with a temp monitor also. I have also tried resetting my bios and I haven't overclocked yet.

This morning I changed my power options to Power Saver instead of the regular Balanced. This eliminated the problem, as I left my computer on a game for 3 hours, in-game. Doing this highly lowers my performance though and makes it choppy.

Is it my PSU that's the problem or one of my other components because their usage is being reduced with power saver on?

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Bump

JordanK_

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Computers use more power when under load, ex. gaming. You may be crashing because your PSU cannot supply the computer with enough wattage that it needs. Although, looking at your system your power supply seems more than sufficient for the components that you are running.