[SOLVED] Computer crashes/freezes, BSODs, reverts Windows?

May 25, 2021
Hey all,

I've recently run into a problem where my computer frequently crashes/BSODs. It happens every 20 minutes to an hour.

Ryzen 7 3700X
4x8 GB Crucial Ballistix RGB @ 3200 CL 16
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
Asus Dual OC 2070

I'm thinking it might be the ram; the BIOS identifies it as unknown, albeit at the correct capacity and speeds. I tried to fix it by reseating all the sticks in a different order, but when I did the MOBO gave me a DRAM error light and wouldn't post until I slotted the sticks in the same exact order as it was before.

I've done the memory utility and it didn't identify any issues, but the driver verifyer saw a violation and gave my PC some restart cycles before it had to revert windows back to an older version. My computer still either crashes/freezes without warning, gives me a BSOD and restarts, or BSODs and reverts windows back to an older version, as said before/

I've written down some errors the BSOD gave me:
Clock Watchdog Timeout, Kernel Memory Pool, and Driver Verifyer Detected Violation.

Any tips?

Edit: I found my dump file, here it is in case anyone needs it: https://ufile.io/ks8ye2nt

Last edited:
Solution
System register with multiple sticks but not one, that's unusual. Usually one stick would work before multiple in a situation like this. Try each slot separately then. Seems like there may be a bent cpu pin if that's the case.
May 25, 2021
Tried each stick separately? That would give an indication if one of them is bad or cpu/mobo not agreeing with the two. Use A2 slot, 2nd slot from cpu.
I did that for some of them, I can't remember which ones or how many of them I did, but they didn't registor and the PC didn't post. It didn't post until all of the sticks were together in a specific order.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
System register with multiple sticks but not one, that's unusual. Usually one stick would work before multiple in a situation like this. Try each slot separately then. Seems like there may be a bent cpu pin if that's the case.

Solution