Computer Crashes only when connected to a WiFi or LAN network.

Sep 5, 2018
ASUS gaming computer crashes about 5 minutes after connecting to a network (WiFi or LAN). The computer worked just fine for 2 weeks after building it, I was able to play games and leave the computer running for multiple days without it ever crashing. Now, the computer works just fine only when I am not connected to a network, but as soon as i connect, it will crash about 5 mins after even if I am not using the computer at all and nothing is opened, just logged on.

I have troubleshooted with the following:
- Installed latest drivers
- Reinstalled Windows 10
- Tested both WiFi (USB wireless adapter) and LAN
- Swapped out the two 4GB RAM sticks for two 8GB RAM sticks
- Replaced SamSung SSD with a new SamSung SSD
- Reapplied CPU Thermal Grease

But, nothing seemed to fix the crashing while connected to a network issue.

ASUS gaming computer specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Z97 - A/USB 3.1
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4690k SR21A 3.50GHZ
Graphics Card: GTX 960 2GD5T OC

Thank you!

Solution
You might find some reasons in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer under the Windows>System sub-category. Scroll down looking for red print.

It's also possible that something you saw or picked online sent your Firewall into protection mode and blocks you out. Look in Settings>Windows Defender Firewall and see if that is a possibility.
You might find some reasons in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer under the Windows>System sub-category. Scroll down looking for red print.

It's also possible that something you saw or picked online sent your Firewall into protection mode and blocks you out. Look in Settings>Windows Defender Firewall and see if that is a possibility.

Solution