Question Computer crashes/powerloss at random?

Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

About 2 weeks ago I swapped my i5 8400 for an i7 9700k and ever since my computer has "crashed" at random times, the computer shuts down like the power went out and then reboot after about 1 second. It has happened a couple of times while the computer was idle doing nothing, and twice during gaming and I don't know what causes it, once it crashed two times in a day but usually just one crash every day or so. After reinstalling windows it didn't crash for almost 4 days. Temperatures are good and the PC is working fine otherwise.

What I have tried so far:
Processor diagnostic tool (No issues)
Windows Memory Diagnostic (No issues)
Memtest86 (No issues)
Reinstalling Windows
Checking cables & reinstalling components

I'm thinking the PSU could be the problem, I do have an AcBel iPower 85 550 (500w 80+ bronze) on my hands that I could possibly try to use however, while I use it in another build and have done so for the past 5 years I'm not too confident in putting it into this much newer and more powerful machine.

Possibly worth mentioning(?) is that everything is still in warranty and that the PC was moved a short distance between houses by car just before changing to a new CPU.

My specs:
i7-9700k
B360-F Gaming (Running latest bios, I'm aware that running a K series processor on this board is not ideal)
2x HyperX Fury 8GB (2666mhz running dual channel)
MSI 2070 Ventus
Corsair CX650M

2x WD Blue 500GB
an older 2TB 5400rpm Toshiba HDD

Any ideas of what the problem could be? What should I do?

Jan 3, 2021
So I unticked it a couple of hours earlier and the computer decided to "crash" just now. The computer just shuts off like it experienced power loss without rebooting. Every time it shuts down I also get a (41) Kernel-Power critical error in the Windows event viewer. as well as two DriverFrameworks-Usermode critical errors (10110 & 10111). I'm fairly certain all my drivers are up to date.

Mar 5, 2021
I suggest you check the power supply with a multimeter. This is a very common issue with pc’s. If your power supply seems to be good, then check the voltages coming from the outlet or power strip your pc is connected to. Widely fluctuating voltages can result in micro stutters, random crashes and the bsod.

Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone, so I believe I've actually solved the problem as it's been some considerable time now since it last occurred. It would seem like my motherboard was actually the problem, I'm not sure if it was due to some stability issues with the board and cpu combo or if there was some short circuit somewhere but it seems to be fixed now after I swapped to another motherboard, and that's the important thing! Thank you all for your input and help!