Computer crashes randomly while playing Black Ops 3

Legobun

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
My computer crashes randomly while playing Black Ops 3, some times it doesn't crash for a few matches some times it crashes randomly while finding my first match after starting the app. I tried doing a whocrashed export but it kept giving me old old crashes that have nothing to do with this.

Legobun

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

Specs:
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: MS-7917, MSI, Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 16gb
GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0
Currently Installing a nvidia driver that needed update and temps are average 40-48c on cpu and gpu 76c but im worried that the load on the cpu may be causing the crashing of my system when i play its at high 96% or higher, and in high action parts of the game it gets to 100% and crashes? Im not sure if thats how it works.

Aug 10, 2015

What do the crashes look like, does the screen go black or the game just exits?
Can you try playing another game and see if it happens in that game as well?
Updated drivers normally do the trick with these kinds of things, or maybe your cpu is overclocked and causing the crashes, so if you have an overclocked, disable it and try again

Legobun

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

My whole computer crashes not just the game. No it is not over clocked. Yes it does do it with some other games like forza horizon 3 but not games like gmod, minecraft, csgo. But i think it may be that my cpu is under too much load it ususaly hovers around 94% load while playing BO3 if there is any way to lower the load on my cpu could you please tell me maybe that will fix the crashes

Aug 10, 2015
The CPU can stay at 100% and be fine. While gaming, it's meant to use all of it, or else it would just be a waste. Same with a GPU
Does sound continue after a crash, does it do a weird stutter repeat or just cut out?
It may be a bad power supply because the CPU and GPU are drawing more than your power supply can handle.
How many watts is your PSU?

Legobun

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

The computer just shuts down no sound nothing basicly acts like it got force shut downed
The power supply is 550w (EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply)
Here ill just give you my full setup maybe it can help you determine the issue -> http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegobunMC/saved/2DtD4D

I also noticed that if I lower the power on my gpu through evga precision X the computer does not crash as much i got a screenshot of what i do-> https://postimg.org/image/ef3hp0wb9/