Computer crashes randomly

DrFrankensteinx

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
First up, I do apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. But I am under the impression that this is of some sort gpu related. Please redirect me if this is not the correct area for this problem.

My computer has been acting up as of yesterday. I am just normally using the computer watching streams and playing lol, than out of nowhere my computer does this .

http://imgur.com/FsV1Iop

The monitor freezes and displays two different colours on both screens (everytime it crashes the monitors display a different colour), but the audio still works for a few moments after, meaning i can still hear whatever sound is playing on my headphones for a few seconds after that. Then the sounds stops and I cant input any commands (no ctrl+alt+del) so I have to restart the computer. I've been using this computer for well over a year and never had this problem before. I haven't installed any new programs for the past few days and nothing seems out of place. It is weird because this morning I was playing the witcher 3 on max settings and it was running perfectly, no lag no crashes. But later on I was watching a tv series on amazon prime, with just a couple of other chrome tabs opened on the side, and it happens again. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Pc specs:
processor: AMD fx6350 six core 3.9ghz
Ram: 8gb
gpu: gtx 980
psu: 1000w