[SOLVED] Computer crashes randomly

Jul 31, 2019
Hello, few weeks ago I posted about this and thought it was the PSU or a wall outlet. I tried 3 different wall outlets and the computer still crashed randomly. Sometimes I can go a week without it crashing. I ruled out the outlets because the computer crashed at the computer store I took it to. The computer shop tested the PSU and said it’s good. They also took the gpu (nvidia 2080ti) out and it crashed with a different card, so the gpu isn’t causing it. He tested the ram, OS, ssd hard drive and they all are good. He tested the water cooler to make sure it was cooling the system and it’s working correct. I have a secondary hard drive (4tb seagate 7200 for storage and he thinks that can be causing the issue. He took it out and said it hasn’t crashed. Does that sound right? The computer is about 6 months old. And didn’t have this issue until about 1-2 months ago.

Solution
A storage drive can certainly cause crashes.
Without knowing the full detail of your previous thread and what the tech has done, if he is simply stating he has swapped everything else, and it didn't work, then he removed the storage drive and the crashes stopped, it probably is the storage drive.

You'd probably also want to make sure drivers and firmware is updated to ensure that it isn't a simple conflict with the drive. Also that if you clean installed windows that the proper install procedure was followed.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
A storage drive can certainly cause crashes.
Without knowing the full detail of your previous thread and what the tech has done, if he is simply stating he has swapped everything else, and it didn't work, then he removed the storage drive and the crashes stopped, it probably is the storage drive.

You'd probably also want to make sure drivers and firmware is updated to ensure that it isn't a simple conflict with the drive. Also that if you clean installed windows that the proper install procedure was followed.

Solution
Jul 31, 2019
Yeah he swapped everything out and thinks it’s the secondary drive. It’s just weird because sometimes it’ll go 2 weeks without crashing. I’ll try re installing windows if it still crashes after the drive is taken out

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador