ThomasLivenqdfs

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
So basically, my computer crashes to a random color on both of my monitors and reboots after 5 seconds to a black screen and nothing happens or boots into win10. It didn't crash for like a week after I built this system. It also crashes if I push it or bump it. I can also hear a buzzing noise coming from the psu or the processor (?) that stops whenever it crashes. Two of the things that might be causing this issue is that I bought a used gpu and a cheap case that has a bad ventilation system. I also get the critical kernel power 41 task 63 error (bugcheckcode 0 and sometimes even bugcheckcode 278) The computer crashes less and less the more times I hard reset it after crashes and then proceeds to not crash for a few hours untill I accidentally tap it with my feet or my chair.. I get more crashes during the mornings (it crashes more after breaks basically) Also crashes during more demanding game gaming sessions.. I've tried to cope with this issue and I was able to for a few months but now it is getting on my nerves.

This is what I have tried in the past:
Changing the power plan settings.
Reseating the gpu, cpu and ram modules.
Replugging the cords inside the system.
Checking for ram errors with memtest86.
Reinstalling audio drivers.
Flashing bios.
Updating gpu drivers.
Cleaning dust.

Here are my system specs:

Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Rx 570 4gb armor edition oc
8gb ddr4 3000 mhz ram
Cooler master mwe 500w active psu
adata su650 250gb ssd

Help pls thanks

hmm, that's one of the two things that I didn't have enough money on so just bought a cheaper one. there really is no way to check if it's the psu?
Never, ever, ever cheap out on the power supply. Sometimes it won't supply the system with the power and stability it needs, causing unexpected crashes and restarts. Sometimes a bad quality PSU can fail entirely and send power where it shouldn't go, killing your valuable hardware, usually GPU and motherboard first.
There is really no foolproof way to test the power supply without special equipment, however, the PSU should not be making a buzzing noise apart from normal fan noise, so I think that power supply is definately the culprit. Even if that model PSU is functioning correctly, it should still be replaced so it doesn't fail and harm your setup later on.
What's your budget for a new PSU?

ThomasLivenqdfs

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Never, ever, ever cheap out on the power supply. Sometimes it won't supply the system with the power and stability it needs, causing unexpected crashes and restarts. Sometimes a bad quality PSU can fail entirely and send power where it shouldn't go, killing your valuable hardware, usually GPU and motherboard first.
There is really no foolproof way to test the power supply without special equipment, however, the PSU should not be making a buzzing noise apart from normal fan noise, so I think that power supply is definately the culprit. Even if that model PSU is functioning correctly, it should still be replaced so it doesn't fail and harm your setup later on.
What's your budget for a new PSU?

I'm 16 so.. I have 50euro saved up atm. I remember one stupid thing that I did was that I was so in rush of having a new pc that I couldn't wait and bought this psu instead of the corsair cx550 (whatever it is called) that was only going to be in stock a week later

TRENDING THREADS