[SOLVED] Computer crashes under load

Jan 19, 2019
One of my gaming computers keep shutting down without warning and restarting. This PC is 4 years old (built 7/29/2014), and not once has this happened to me until 6 months ago. Anytime this computer is under heavy load, it gives out and restarts. This is most likely to happen when playing Graphic-Intensive games, or anything that requires a lot of processing. I've checked all of my parts & cables for any damage, and everything is fine.
I've tested temperatures on both processing units, and heres what I've got:
GPU- Idle: 51-55, Max: 72-83
CPU- Idle: 28-35, Max: 42-57
(measured in Celcius)

Specs include

Mobo- ASRock H97 Pro4
GPU- AMD Radeon R9 290x
CPU- Intel Core I5 4460 @3.25 GHz
RAM- G-skill Ares Series 4x4GB
PSU- Cooler Master G750M 750W
CPU Cooler- Enermax ETS N30
Chassis Fans- 3 Corsair AF120's, 1 Exhaust, 2 Intakes

If you can diagnose this issue, that'd be great!

Solution
Can you make a log? See if this tells something,do this until it restarted,then upload here.

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.
Jan 19, 2019

I've lowered overclocks multiple times when I started to notice the constant sudden shutdowns, and it still hasn't fixed the solution. I'll try to see if I can update drivers though.

Jan 19, 2019

I have no idea what you're asking me. You're going to have to ask more specifically. But here's all the information I have on my RAM Sticks:

G-Skill Ares Series DDR3 RAM (PC3-19200 CL11)
4-Gigabytes each stick, Total amount of sticks installed: 4, Total amount of ram available: 16 Gigabytes
Speed: 1600 MHz

I doubt it's the RAM, though. G-skill's a really good RAM supplier. Never has failed me.

I think he ment the ram was causing the issues. I think That ram should cause no issues. Sometimes 4x4 can stress the memory controller however that shouldnt be an issue, especially at 1600mhz. Just to be sure, you could run a memory stress test just to make sure it is stable.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you make a log? See if this tells something,do this until it restarted,then upload here.

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019
So download HWInfo32, then i need to verify if that tells me something? Tells me what? And until what restarts?

Forgive me man, I have a really hard time following steps

I downloaded what you asked. Viewing a lot of specific information on my components currently. Now what do I have to do, exactly?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you're looking at the sensor window is there at the bottom a button that says "logging start" (A4 with +),click that one,it asks you to give a name to the file so do this,it also asks you where to store the file which could be at the desktop or documents,where ever you can find it.
Keep it logging until a restart occurs,then upload the file to the site i mentioned before,i will take a look at it and see if it gives some info about voltages and temps. See if something goes out of spec.