[SOLVED] Computer crashes weirdly. Please help (New Build)

krelluth913

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Ok, so I can't really find anything on this because it's very weird and I've tried getting help from several other people. But I can play call of duty cold war for 1 game the whole game, but as soon as it tries bringing me to the lobby my entire computer turns off. Now I also had a similar issue on red dead redemption 2 except it didn't last even 5 minutes before crashing, but after changing a setting from it running off of vulcan to directx12 I haven't had a single issue and no crashes. Now I've tested this on other games too, such as squad and same thing I couldn't even get 5 minutes into the game before my entire pc turns off. I have tried running a cpu stress test, gpu stress test only for them to run flawlessly with no temperatures getting too high. I have updated every driver along with trying multiple different patches to see if there was any conflicting software on the new updates vs the games. I have a asus prime x570-p, amd ryzen 7 3700x, Radeon rx 5700XT MECH OC, 32gb of ram, EVGA 600 Watt nonmodular PSU, and a 1tb SSD. Please help me I have no idea what's going on and I think maybe it has something to do with the GPU? I have tried various different option to try and fix it and would like some professional opinions on this, if you would like to get into a call and maybe look at what's going on I'd be more than happy to do that as well.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the computer turning off.

Right-clicking any given entry will present more detailed information that may or may not be helpful.

krelluth913

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
So now update into this, sorry about not replying. My issue had I thought worked itself out but occasionally I still crashed over the days, I look into reliability and try to figure out what's going on in there but I don't have any options to repair the failures and it only lists them as miscellaneous. I looked into it more and found others have had issues with their memory so I did a memory check and nothing came of it. The crashing happens just randomly in every game now not just the games stated in the previous entry. Just random crashes as well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated thank you.

krelluth913

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Thank you my good sir. I swapped it out yesterday and have had no issues since. It even fixed my issue of the mhz memory clock freaking out when I looked in msi afterburner which I couldn't figure out why it did that either. I appreciate the help very much and if it continues on I will make another post.
Sincerely noob PC builder.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thank you my good sir. I swapped it out yesterday and have had no issues since. It even fixed my issue of the mhz memory clock freaking out when I looked in msi afterburner which I couldn't figure out why it did that either. I appreciate the help very much and if it continues on I will make another post.
Sincerely noob PC builder.

I will cross my fingers! Since it's a change that should have been made regardless of whether there were visible problems, it would be a great solution if this works out for you.