Computer crashes when gaming? Possible PSU Problem?

Andy0432

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
So I was using my alternate gaming PC the other day (which I use regularly) as I was cleaning out my main PC, and when I hopped into a game of Cs go I just got a black screen, and the monitor wasn't getting a signal from the graphics card, so I restarted the PC and tried playing another game of CS GO, It crashed again, My system was simply just crashing, no signal to the monitor. so I tried playing a different, less demanding game like minecraft, however the system crashed on me again when I loaded a map, this has lead me to believe that my GPU IS failing, however after turning off my computer, I noticed my wireless card indicator light at full power, and it was gradually heating up, so I have concluded that it is an GPU problem. Any ideas?

System specs:

Psu: Corsair CX650m (unreliable I know)
Cpu: fx 8320
Memory: 8gb Kingston hyperx ram
Storage: wd 1Tb
Mobo: M5a97 r2.0 am3+
Gpu: Sapphire r9 280x

NOTE: I'm pretty sure it is a PSU problem as the wireless card (usb3.0) had its led on, not flashing like when activity is detected, just a full 100% onl constant light, it was overheating as well, take note this is when the system was OFF.

Solution
Well i can't be sure of anything.Maybe the wireless card is the culprit heating up as you say.

If you think it's the psu try with another one,maybe from a friend or ...
The one you say you have doesn't exist.It's either the CX 600watt or the CS 650watt.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Well i can't be sure of anything.Maybe the wireless card is the culprit heating up as you say.

If you think it's the psu try with another one,maybe from a friend or ...
The one you say you have doesn't exist.It's either the CX 600watt or the CS 650watt.

Solution

Andy0432

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah your right, I just tested my PC using my friends PSU, then I realised that I could've just used my alternate pc's psu LOL im so dumb, anyway thanks for helping, it was the PSU, it simply just stopped working when under load :L, I'm gonna have to get a new one which will be much more reliable this time. Thanks for your help!