[SOLVED] Computer crashes when I launch Cyberpunk 2077 and sometimes League of Legends.

adogjbaum

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Specs:

ASRock z390 Pro4
i5 9400f
RTX 2070
16 gb RAM
500 watt PSU
Windows 10

The other day I was loading into a League of Legends game when suddenly my computer crashed. It immediately turned back on (took a little longer than normal to start up), and then when I opened discord back up and tried to reconnect to my LoL game, it crashed again. Same thing, it restarted. After those two crashes, the game seemed to work okay, other than resetting all of my settings. I just installed Cyberpunk 2077, and now I am having the same issue. I managed to load into the game, customize my character, and play for about 5 minutes. I went to adjust the graphics settings, then my computer crashed again. Other than the brief 5-10 minutes of play time, I have been unable to launch the game without the computer crashing. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue, game issue, or something else. Pretty new to this site, and anything will help. Will try to stay active to answer any questions needed.

Last edited:

adogjbaum

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
make and model of the 550w psu?
what the cpu/gpu temp?
ssd or hdd?
I was wrong the PSU is only 500 watts. It is a Thermaltake power supply, the model number is TR2-500NL2NC, and I have both SSD's and an HDD. Cyberpunk and LoL are installed on the Samsung QVO ssd, 1tb. My temperatures were normal, CPU stayed around 50-60, but my computer would always crash before I'd notice any changes in the temps.

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I cannot say for sure... but here is what happened to me,

I had an issue where a game was crashing at a specific spot. Only this game and only this spot. I ran this stress test and system crashed. I replaced the PS and have not had a problem since.

Game Wasteland 3, spot where the guy gets his head blown off (cut scene)

adogjbaum

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
I cannot say for sure... but here is what happened to me,

I had an issue where a game was crashing at a specific spot. Only this game and only this spot. I ran this stress test and system crashed. I replaced the PS and have not had a problem since.

Game Wasteland 3, spot where the guy gets his head blown off (cut scene)
Cool. My brother may have an extra power supply, so I will try that and update if the issue is fixed. Thanks for the help!