[SOLVED] Computer crashes while I'm away, boots to BIOS

Sep 5, 2019
Hi, I've had my computer crash twice now while I was away. I've just set up a memory dump to hopefully catch the next one. Here are the details from the reliability monitor problem signature...

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 3b
Parameter 1: c0000006
Parameter 2: fffff8054228b242
Parameter 3: ffffb28960dca400
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

... and my computer specs.

Processor: Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME Z370-A

Physical Memory: 16GB

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1070

PSU: Thermaltake W0356

---

Possibly related - recently I have been having an issue with streamed content on youtube, twitch etc. where gradually the video and audio would start to desync and the video would be ahead of the audio. I have tried installing new GPU and Audio drivers but this hadn't fixed it. I only got this problem while playing through my speakers, not my headset, so I've just been using my headset for a week or two.

Anyone know what's going on?

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Problem is that every stop error (BSOD) is different and every stop error has a variety of sub bugcheck types, which can have different causes, your particular error above is 3B - which is a System Service Exception, which at it's highest level, is where a system (OS) thread has faulted when performing a routine transition.

This is typically driver based, and can be any third party driver causing the core OS to fault, so in reality, you would either have to use Driver View to find all your running drivers and try and eliminate them, or when you next have a BSOD, post the dump here so we can analyse what drivers were running and their versions, which can help us eliminate what drivers may be...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Problem is that every stop error (BSOD) is different and every stop error has a variety of sub bugcheck types, which can have different causes, your particular error above is 3B - which is a System Service Exception, which at it's highest level, is where a system (OS) thread has faulted when performing a routine transition.

This is typically driver based, and can be any third party driver causing the core OS to fault, so in reality, you would either have to use Driver View to find all your running drivers and try and eliminate them, or when you next have a BSOD, post the dump here so we can analyse what drivers were running and their versions, which can help us eliminate what drivers may be causing it :)

Solution