Computer crashes with buzzing noise, need to drown it with reset button.

Mudcrow

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
Well! this is a question everyone looks up and eventually finds themselves here. Heres what happens, out of the blue, usually while gaming this crash starts to happen looping this annoying sound emits from my speakers, and it boggles me. Heres something unique though, when this crash happens, I can unplug my laptop and it shuts off....although this crash happens even if the laptop isnt plugged in. I really want to put my finger on the voltage and my power supply, but I ran an OCCT test and it all seemed to be stable. During these crashes, Its not overheating, computer doesnt seem hot at all. The cpu usage is very minimal, and ram never goes more the 20%

heres some facts i need to let you guys know.
1) The previous owner ( trusted friend) had overclocked it and maybe screwed over the Bios, maybe affecting the PSU voltage, which I have no clue how to change back.
2) Ive download a torrent which unevitablily had a virus in it, but i really went out of my way to get rid of.
3)I heard Nvidia had some really bad drivers that made people had the same issue, but I updated my patches and it still happens.
4) well I usually keep my laptop plugged in.... like almost all the time. it lags in games if not.

My specs:

Time of this report: 3/30/2014, 04:24:21
Machine name: XPROPHECY
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: G75VW
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/06/12 13:27:48 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
Page File: 3274MB used, 29411MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 670M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

any suggestions?

Solution
try removing the little battery on mother board and after few minutes insert it back make sure the mother board does not have any power source while doing this ..... doing this resets bios setting so it may help

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
If he overclocked the graphics card, it probably destabilized it. The majority of times I hear this issue, It's fixed by reducing the clock speeds of the graphics card. For laptops, I'm not sure if MSI Afterburner will work, but you can download it and try reducing the speeds by 25mhz.

sameeh_32

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
try removing the little battery on mother board and after few minutes insert it back make sure the mother board does not have any power source while doing this ..... doing this resets bios setting so it may help

Solution