Computer Crashing every 1/2 hour then booting into frozen Mobo Splash Screen!Help!

danman2

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
So I have come to toms hardware with a problem with my 1/2 year old built pc. So just yesterday I was doing random things such as on youtube, checking email, playing some steam games and I recieved a couple of crashes from my computer. I got about 7 and 6 of them restarted my computer and froze it at the motherboard (asus) splash screen. The other one was discovered by asus anti-surge and reported it to be a power surge. So i cant do anything at the splash screen so i had to have switch off the power supply from the back of my pc every time that happened.

P.S. This happened to me like every 30 -60 minutes i was on my computer.

G

Disconnect all your drives and try to reboot. If there is no frozen bios screen, check or replace your sata cables. Also reset your CMOS. This could also be an overheating problem. Check your CPU cooler if is installed correctly and is not loose. Try to clean the heatsink if there is any dirt. Also check if your CPU fan is working.

danman2

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

How would I reset my CMOS?
I will try the other suggestions right now and see if i can run some games or not.

G

The easiest way to reset the Bios is to shorten your motherboard jumpers close to the battery for 5 seconds. If you can't find them, just remove the battery and shorten its contacts. Remove the power cord from the power supply before you do this.

danman2

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
thank you for helping me my computer seems to be working fine now.
But today i have had some crashes when running a game on my computer (Trials Evolution). If you have a suggestion to help me solve this problem it will be greatly appreaciated.