[SOLVED] Computer crashing/Freezing? HELP

Feb 15, 2020
Hey guys, im very new here. im decently computer Savvy, i know my way around a PC but im not too advanced.
I have been having all sorts of issues with my gaming PC recently. first issue i had was back in 2015 when i lost my CMOS jumper, and my buddy put a bypass on it to make it work.
For a few years now, after he bypassed it, every time i restart my PC it says CMOS battery low and date/time not set. so usually i have a few hoops i jump through to boot it up. Have to go into bios and change the boot drive and yadda yadda to make it even boot.

Well i was playing a game the other night and it crashed with a BSOD it said WHEA un-correctable error

I tried everything i knew to trouble shoot and fix the issue but my just couldn't get my PC to boot up. the few times i got close to getting it to boot i got taken to Windows boot manager where its telling me i didn't have enough memory to create a ramdisk. and it said 0xc0000017. SO i looked into that and tried most of the things to fix that to no avail.

By the way every time it failed to boot, i had to unplug it from the PSU and wait x amount of seconds untill the lights went off to try again.

Friend of mine said it could be a RAM issue that my RAM could be failing. SO i gave up that night. i had 2x8gb RAM sticks in it 16 total
Next morning i got home from work and took out one of my 8gb ram sticks and tried to reboot, after a few attempts i got it to boot up! YAY. but it froze and crashed shortly after. Today i put in my OLD Ram sticks i had from a few years ago. 2x4gb Sticks and it booted up fine and ive been playin games and doing my usual business, but alas it crashed again, well froze up and had to unplug it and all that jazz
its crashed/froze even while i was asleep, i wake up to turn my TV on to either see it say no signal, or the desktop frozen.

And ever since i had this BSOD the other day i HAVE to unplug the cord from the psu, wait a moment of time untill all lights turn off to get it to turn back on, if i just try to use the power button my TV will say no signal.
My pc SPECS are
AMD fx 8350
BIOSTAR A960D+
8gbDDR3 RAM. ( had 16gb in it but changed it out for my old sticks to see if my RAM was the issue)
Gtx 970 100me edition. MSI
240 GB SSD
2x240GB HDDs
1x4TB HDD.
Also cable management is alittle rough.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)You did not mention the make and model of your power supply.
When you're forced to wait for a period of time, it usually refers to an overheating psu.

2)That is a straight up piece of crap motherboard to be pairing up with an FX-8350. I would not be surprised if the cpu has exhausted the weak VRMs on that mobo by now, and what is causing all your crashing...

3)The little coin battery has a limited lifespan. Have you ever replaced it? That's what saves the bios date/time and other settings.

Feb 15, 2020
1)You did not mention the make and model of your power supply.
When you're forced to wait for a period of time, it usually refers to an overheating psu.

2)That is a straight up piece of crap motherboard to be pairing up with an FX-8350. I would not be surprised if the cpu has exhausted the weak VRMs on that mobo by now, and what is causing all your crashing...

3)The little coin battery has a limited lifespan. Have you ever replaced it? That's what saves the bios date/time and other settings.
  1. opps sorry about that, its a EVGA 600w PSU
  2. ahh i didnt know it wasnt a great MOBO i bought the PC off craigslist back in 2013 and didnt really have much issues untill 2015 when i put in the 8350.
3)yes i replaced that about a year ago. it worked fine for ahwile then started to say CMOS battery low again.