Computer Crashing No Reason

zachparr2442

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
So i crashed randomly throughout the week and i was starting to think my whole system was falling apart. So i stress tested using Aida64 and it crashed after about 4hrs, this was oc and memory at stock settings. So i thought well maybe the ram so i swapped my ram with my wifes and the same thing happen. So i put mine back in and just started playing games. Week few hours later computer froze up and crashed. So what i did was pull up the event viewer and looked at the time and it said Disk event id 51. So i was like wth is my ssd bad, i downloaded the samung magician and the firmware was out of date. Now i just stressed the system and the ram for 10hrs and 0 crashes.

Question is, is it possible to have a system not stable due to the SSD firmware being out of date?

SYSTEM
i7 8700k - oc 4.6
Corsair 3200 16gb
Evga SC black 1080Ti
Corsair h115i Pro
Seasonic Focus 750
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
2tb Seagate Firecuda
Samsung 960 Pro 256gb

Solution
Hello zachparr2442. As to answer your question, outdated firmware could possibly be the catalyst of this situation even though it is not common scenario. As you have a Seagate HDD, we recommend running our free Seatools software to check on the health of your drive and just be on the safe side that the drive is not causing this situation.
Hello zachparr2442. As to answer your question, outdated firmware could possibly be the catalyst of this situation even though it is not common scenario. As you have a Seagate HDD, we recommend running our free Seatools software to check on the health of your drive and just be on the safe side that the drive is not causing this situation.

Solution