Computer Crashing on Most Multiplayer Games

Apr 17, 2018
My computer, when playing most Multiplayer games, crashes to desktop. This is a slight upgrade from when it was BSOD'ing while playing multiplayer games, but, I digress.
The 'offending' games;
Overwatch
Team Fortress Two
Fortnite (I don't really care if I can't play this, but I ran it as a test and it also crashes)
Minecraft (Continued crash to launch)
The only safe game;
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (and I don't care if I play this either, I no longer like the game)
Other safe games;
Slay the Spire
Hearthstone
Skyrim
I mostly got this PC specifically to play Overwatch and it's just, not happening.
It'll freeze during matches and then crash to desktop.

"Fixes" I've attempted;

• ■ Removed the need for a wireless router by going pure Ethernet
    ■Done a complete clean reinstall of Windows (and wiped all traces of the past version)
    ■Updated all drivers to the best of my ability using DriverEasy
    ■Minimized any variables; on this clean reinstall of Windows, the ONLY things installed are Battlenet Launcher and Steam as well as the games.
    ■Checked for overheating. The seller insists that the temperatures reading on it are fine, but, you guys can also take a gander. I have three fans + a motherboard fan.
    ■ I have never Overclocked. I don't know how.

My specs are as followed;

unknown.png

If you guys have any suggestions on what might be happening, or what I can do to get this thing to actually play these games, let me know.
And for comparison, my dinky laptop that I currently own can run Minecraft and TF2 for hours on end and it's nearly 6 years old now.

Solution
2 problems. That CPU is below minimum system requirements on most new games these days(it just barely meets the minimum for Overwatch). That 1GB R7 video card is not helping either. Looks like it's about that time to look into upgrading or getting a newer system.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
2 problems. That CPU is below minimum system requirements on most new games these days(it just barely meets the minimum for Overwatch). That 1GB R7 video card is not helping either. Looks like it's about that time to look into upgrading or getting a newer system.

Solution
Apr 17, 2018

Oof. At least I know what's good now. Or rather, not what's good, but. Whatever.
Not sure how I can upgrade, I know it's integrated graphics, and if that CPU is below the system requirements, then I might as well start fresh and find a new PC.

I also would like to know why it is crashing on things like TF2, a game that should work just fine on a 'newer' thing, relatively?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
If you upgraded, the only parts of the system you could recycle would be the memory and hard drive... but then you'd be upgrading to something that's still 3 - 4 years old as DDR3 based systems have been replaced with DDR4 systems.

If you're ready to upgrade and there's a particular budget in mind, I(or I should say we) could throw together some parts lists for you to check out.

Apr 17, 2018

Unfortunately I didn't upgrade, I bought this as a prebuilt PC from cybertimepc on eBay. (I'm literally begging people not to criticize me buying a prebuilt PC, I'm not at all knowledged/confident in building my own PC). Or rather, I probably wasn't when I first started, but I've had to since replace the entire power supply and hard drive so now I know my way around this thing.

I don't really have a particular budget in mind at the moment. I blew all of it on this thing and it's accessories, and finding it's not going to do what I wanted it to do is a harsh smack in the face.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Pre-built systems are fine. I used to work 7 days a week & needed a system at one point. I didn't have the time/patience to research, buy the parts & build a system... so I just looked to see what pre-built systems were available and picked one up. Back when the GPU shortage/craze was at it's peak(due to mining), lots of cards started selling for more then double of what their MSRP was. Some people lucked out and bought pre-built systems that had those cards in them for decent prices.
I'll occasionally check out used pre-built deals to see if there's parts in them I want that I can gut out.