Computer crashing Prime95 blend test

Elvin29

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
For a while now while playing Civilization 5 and Dota 2 my computer has been crashing.
No error screen just frozen mouse.

To try and identify the problem I tried to recreate the crash with stress tests.

I've run Prime95's blend test and that seems to instantly cause my computer to crash.
This leads me to believe its a memory problem, however, I ran memtest for a full pass and it didn't seem to raise any errors.

My power supply is 4 months old I bought it because I believed it would solve the problem so I know its not that. I'm lost here I have no idea what it could be, my only option is to leave memtest on overnight to see if I can get anything. If memtest shows up empty I'll get a new hard drive in hopes to fix the problem. If anyone has any ideas or a suggestions to try and solve the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Specs
Dxdiag screenshot:
aa798edc81.png

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Other tests I've run include
Furmark GPU stress test
http://www.ozone3d.net/gpudb/score.php?which=349479 - No Crash

Furmark CPU burner
up to 80°C n - No Crash

HD Tune
Error scan No damaged blocks No Crash

Do not update BIOS since it was working before (doing so might fail and kill the motherboard)
How old is your gear,

Did you monitor your CPU / GPU temperatures
Download Hard disk sentinel trial to monitor the health of your drive
What brand and wattage is your PSU?

Elvin29

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

I can run the blend test without freezing now thank you very much. I'll have to try playing some dota games but I believe its fixed now. I can't believe I overlooked something like that again THANK YOU

Elvin29

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

It still doesn't make sense to me that without a bios update a computer could deteriorate to the point at which it freezes constantly but i'm fairly certain that was the problem