Computer crashing right before and after installing new RAM.

Grayson Payne

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Last Thursday I received 2x8 gb DDR4 3200 G.Skill RAM. I previously upgraded from 2x4 gb crucial RAM. The night before this, I was going about in star citizen as I usually do and all the sudden my computer randomly crashed. What I mean by crash is that the monitor turned black (later appearing multiple different colors like red, blue, pink, purple) and I wasn't able to do anything besides restart the computer via the case. So I got a little spooked and continued on that night, not experiencing another crash for another 2 hours of gaming. The next day I installed my RAM and went to hop on start citizen shortly after. I was playing for about 5-10 minutes before I experienced my second crash. So I restarted the PC and from that point on the game would crash every time I opened it. It's not only star citizen but every game I've tried (ArmA 3,PUBG, and Escape From Tarkov). I immediately thought it was my RAM and went through memtest twice with it passing both times. So I started to search around and was looking at changing my voltages (which I did) and nothing seemed to work. I went on to the next thing I believed was wrong, my CPU which was OC to 4.4. I restored the OC to default 4.2 and that still didn't work. The temps never reached anything over 55 degrees C. During my CPU test I tried CINEBENCH and it passed the CPU one. However, whenever I tried opengl the computer crashed like it has before. I'm not really sure what is happening but I've tried all the following: uninstall and reinstall drivers, update BIOS, clean all dust out (there wasn't that much), installed the new chip driver, and tried the RAM in different spots. The GPU is not overheating since any game or benchmark crashes the second it is started. Any help please!!

My specs are:
CPU: i3 7350k
GPU: EVGA GTX 1050 Ti Sc
MOBO: Z270 Gaming M3
RAM: Trident G.Skill 16 GB 3200
PSU: Corsair CX430
SSD: Samsung 500 GB