Question Computer crashing under load

Sep 19, 2022
Looking to find some insight as too what may be wrong with my computer. For starters I have a rtx 3080, Ryzen 7 3700x, xb550 motherboard, 750w power supply and a lian li 360mm aio. I can get more specifics on parts if anyone has any ideas or needs any clarification.the issue I am having is a full pc crash while under load. I’ve monitored my thermals and from what I can tell the cpu is possibly overheating (although I’ve never seen it past 88c and I know 95 should be the max). I’ve re applied thermal paste and cleaned the radiator many times and while I can occasionally get better thermals for a day or a few hours the issue seems to always return. While I’m not positive it is the issue I don’t believe the ryzen 7 3700x should idle between 60-70c and go to 80-90c while gaming with an aio of this size with pump and fan speed on max. I’ve also replaced my power supply to see if that was the issue and it did not fix anything nor did switching surge protectors or outlets. I wanted to ask here if anyone had any idea or can confirm my suspicions that the aio pump is failing. I’ve tried moving it around and such to release any air bubbles but it doesn’t seem to help. I’ll be in the middle of a game of Apex legends for example, and my pc will fully shut off and restart on its own, upon re launch is when I notice the high temps of the cpu leading me to believe it has something to do with the cooling. If anyone has any suggestions on things to. Check before I go out and buy a new cooler that would be a big help!

Sep 19, 2022
brand and model of the 750w psu?

I’ve used 2 different models and brands both work in other systems and with either supply the issue remained the same.
The first was a thermaltake toughpower gf1 750w 80+ gold rated psu
The current is a 750w 80+ gold rated ga supernova psu from evga

Sep 19, 2022
I
what case do you have and where do you have the AIO installed.

The other thing i would worry about is the 3080's power spikes and that PSU, while its rated for the GPU it is not rated for the power spikes those cards have.

I have a lian li o11 dynamic the aio is mounted vertically on the back wall with the aio mounted directly too it with the fans in a pull orientation on the radiator pulling the air through and then into the case. The bottom 3 fans are intake and the top 3 fans are exhaust. I also wondered if this was the issue but was assured by people on this form and on discord groups that 750 was plenty but I was also told this issue could be possible. However it still doesn’t explain why my 3700x is running so hot with no overclock.

Sep 19, 2022
I

I have a lian li o11 dynamic the aio is mounted vertically on the back wall with the aio mounted directly too it with the fans in a pull orientation on the radiator pulling the air through and then into the case. The bottom 3 fans are intake and the top 3 fans are exhaust. I also wondered if this was the issue but was assured by people on this form and on discord groups that 750 was plenty but I was also told this issue could be possible. However it still doesn’t explain why my 3700x is running so hot with no overclock.
Also for reference this system is almost 2 years old and I did not start having this issue until the system was a year old