Question Computer crashing when playing games.

Oct 8, 2020
Hey, my computer has been crashing for a while and i need help.

First it would just bluescreen and a loud stuttering would be on in the headset.It started to happen a while ago at random times. First i tried uppgrading my old psu to a new one and the problem would become less frequent but still persist. I tried changing the graphic card and the problem would change to the computer just shutting off directly instead. I've tried reinstalling windows, drivers, resetting bios, etc. Since then I've tried changing the ram and it didn't help.

The computer only crash on certain games nowdays and some games run completly fine. It can also run cpu and gpu benchmark(100% cpu and ram in taskmanager) at the same time without crashing. Also checked the temps while running games and benchmark and temps usually are between 40-50 degrees maxing at around 60.

So since it works fine with benchmarks i would guess its not the cpu and since chaging the graphic card changed the problem it may be connected to the motherboard? Also wondering if it could be the hdd or ssd, possible the software but feels like I've tried the most there.

Specs tried with:
asus z97-a
8gb ram ---> 16 gb ram
sapphire radeon 290 ---> Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
Intel 4790k
ssd 120gb (os)
hdd 1tb (games)
650w psu ---> 750w psu

Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited: