Apr 6, 2020
Hello!

I assembled a computer around 2 years back. It was working fine till 4 days ago. I was converting videos and the pc froze like after 2 hours. Then i powered it down and rebooted it worked fine. But ever since then i started to get random freezes.

Sometimes display, keyboard and mouse rgb will be on showing whats on computer during freeze. Sometimes i get no signal on display and keyboard and mouse rgb will be off. But oddly if i replug them i will get rgb on even though system froze.

If i only game the computer stays on for 3-5 hours continously it rarely freezes or goes to no signal like 3/10 times. But if i watch youtube, work on my projects the problem repeats in 10-15 mins.

I reinstalled windows by complete hard disk format, updated bios, cleared cmos,replaced thermal paste.
I replaced psu and gpu from another compute, i have and same issue still persists. I did ram tests and didnt show up anything. Cpu too is not overheating when i checked.

That motherboard needs a multitude of BIOS updates for latest 3000 Series Ryzen. Special instructions such as," ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS", are also included.

For the Ryzen 1300x, such BIOS updates are not needed.

You may be have started to have problems with your no-name generic 2x8 DDR4 memory.

Apr 6, 2020
That motherboard needs a multitude of BIOS updates for latest 3000 Series Ryzen. Special instructions such as," ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS", are also included.

For the Ryzen 1300x, such BIOS updates are not needed.

You may be have started to have problems with your no-name generic 2x8 DDR4 memory.

It was transcend. it worked well for 2 years and passed memory tests though

Last edited: