[SOLVED] Computer crashing ?

Oct 2, 2021
So I've been having issues with my fairly new computer crashing (3 months old). This usually happens when loading into a match or switching sides in valorant. What happens is my monitor displays 1 solid color, eventually loses signal, and then my computer tries to restart, this usually fails. If there is any other info you think you need please let me know!

My specs:

Asus dual rx 580 4gb gpu

Ryzen 5 2600X cpu

MSI B450m pro vdh max motherboard

EVGA 500 W bronze certified power supply

And 2x8gb ddr4 3600mhz ripjaws ram

Solution
So I've been having issues with my fairly new computer crashing (3 months old). This usually happens when loading into a match or switching sides in valorant. What happens is my monitor displays 1 solid color, eventually loses signal, and then my computer tries to restart, this usually fails. If there is any other info you think you need please let me know!

My specs:

Asus dual rx 580 4gb gpu

Ryzen 5 2600X cpu

try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also...

My specs:

Asus dual rx 580 4gb gpu

Ryzen 5 2600X cpu

try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CashewWasTaken
Solution