[SOLVED] Computer dead after overclock

Feb 4, 2020
I bought a ryzen 5 1600 a few months ago to upgrade from my Fx-6300 and wanted to try out the ryzen mastersoftware. I used a pre made gaming oc profile and when it reset it froze my whole pc and nothing happened for about 10 minutes so I reset and now when I boot it tries to load repair mode then freezes with weird visual glitches, and when it does boot any attempt to use repair tools results in a hard lock. On occasion it does bring me to the sign in screen and will either restart the whole computer, I log in and at random it resets. Or it hard locks again, freezes I reset and repeats what I said earlier. If anyone knows how to fix this please I needall the help I can get, and I am new to this site so sorry if I'm not doing something right. I am fairly competent with computers since I built my girlfriend one from scratch and rebuilt mine but now im lost.
Other specs are:
Asus prime b-350 mb
Nvidia Rtx 2060 founds Edition
8gbs ddr4 patriot viper ram 2133 or 2666mhz
1tb wd blue HD
240gb ssd

Solution
EXACT power supply model and how long it has been in service?

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable...
EXACT power supply model and how long it has been in service?

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

Solution
Feb 4, 2020
I have a thermaltake 600w 80+ psu which has been used for 2 years roughly and has never given me problems before this. After doing the process you recommended it seems to be working fine. I basically lost all hope the second I started having problems so I can't thank you enough for helping me. I've poured quite alot of money into my system and would hate to see it go to waste

Glad that worked out, however, if this is a TR2 or Smart series Thermaltake unit, I'd highly recommend that you begin not only making plans now to replace it, but that you ACTUALLY replace it, with something of better quality, before this current problem becomes a permanent one. Because it probably will.

Do yourself a favor, and have a read of BOTH of these. The first one is what brought me to Tom's hardware, many years ago.