[SOLVED] Computer Disconnects from Wifi while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2019
I keep having this *really* frustrating issue where I'll be playing Destiny 2, for example, and my internet suddenly just stops. Discord will disconnect and I'll be unable to play, forcing me to restart destiny and wait for my connection to connect once more.
I just recently bought this laptop last year during black Friday, and I've had this issue come up a few times while gaming. I think I first started noticing it happen while playing League Of Legends. I haven't really noticed this issue while browsing the internet, leading me to believe it's specifically got to do with gaming
I have limited clues as to what might be causing this, and any help would really be appreciated as it's really starting to bother me.
(I can post any specs you might need, just let me know. I'm running on a Lenovo Legion Y530-ICH.)

Solution
Your connection is generally made up of 3 parts. Your network (the link between your laptop and your router/modem, etc) and your ISPs link to your home and the rest is Internet. If the Internet was broken we would all know about it. So, is this loss of connection between your laptop and your router/modem (your network ... your problem) or between your router/modem and your ISP (ISP's link ... their problem)? Best way to tell is a ping test.

Open a command prompt. Enter "tracert google.com". This lists the routers between you and google. The first couple lines is what we care about. The first line is your router. The second should be your ISP's router (off in some building on the other side of town) unless you have a seperate...
Your connection is generally made up of 3 parts. Your network (the link between your laptop and your router/modem, etc) and your ISPs link to your home and the rest is Internet. If the Internet was broken we would all know about it. So, is this loss of connection between your laptop and your router/modem (your network ... your problem) or between your router/modem and your ISP (ISP's link ... their problem)? Best way to tell is a ping test.

Open a command prompt. Enter "tracert google.com". This lists the routers between you and google. The first couple lines is what we care about. The first line is your router. The second should be your ISP's router (off in some building on the other side of town) unless you have a seperate router and modem or some other fancy setup.

Now open 2 more command prompts.
In the first enter "ping -t x.x.x.x" where x.x is the 1st address from the tracert (your router).
In the second enter "ping -t x.x.x.x" where x.x is the 2nd address from the tracert (your ISP's router).

Now fire up your game and play until it stops. Alt-tab to see your command prompts. Are you still getting pings? If so, something else is going on. If not, which one is not responding.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.