[SOLVED] Computer Display Turns off after some time but audio still runs but keyboard shortcuts doesn't seem to work.

Apr 30, 2020
I have a ryzen 2600x , Nvidia 1060 GB, 16GB Ram, asus 350M mother board, and Thermaltek lite power 650W psu.
The problem is after using my pc for some times the screen goes black with the message "HDMI no signal". All the fans keep running.
Points to be noted:
  1. If there was something running with audio like "movie in vlc player" the audio would still run. I can hear it. But if I press ALT+F4 it should turn off but it doesn't.
  2. After it goes black, I tried to access it through my teamviewer from phone. But teamviewer on my pc doesn't let me in.
  3. My pc works fine for a few days. No problem at all. Then suddenly one day it occurs and then it keeps doing it for a few days. Then again BOOM it runs fine for a few days may be weeks and all on a sudden the problem comes back.
  4. Temperature stays at around 40 C. When I play games it reaches up to 55 C.

Solution
maybe you are experiencing a heat problem even so the temp stays acceptable when you heat up a connection point like the HDMI port itself the metal could expand and lose connection. I've seen HDMI and DVI connections fail on tv's that just never got turned off. when on if you went to touch the cable the connection would almost fall out of the tv, when it was left off for a while the connector was hard to budge stuck in - just a thought

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
I have had this same issue with my computer connected to an HDTV. I did some cleaning up a lot of things running in the background all that junk that gets put in your system over time that wants to run to monitor things update things etc. All useful stuff but doesn't really need to be running at all times.

Apr 30, 2020
I have had this same issue with my computer connected to an HDTV. I did some cleaning up a lot of things running in the background all that junk that gets put in your system over time that wants to run to monitor things update things etc. All useful stuff but doesn't really need to be running at all times.
Look at point number 3. The problems comes and goes. Even if the same background processes are running. So how do you explain that?
In the meantime I am taking care of extra background processes to see if that helps.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
maybe you are experiencing a heat problem even so the temp stays acceptable when you heat up a connection point like the HDMI port itself the metal could expand and lose connection. I've seen HDMI and DVI connections fail on tv's that just never got turned off. when on if you went to touch the cable the connection would almost fall out of the tv, when it was left off for a while the connector was hard to budge stuck in - just a thought

Solution

TRENDING THREADS