Computer displays blank screen when turned on (Read full description before replying)

Ben Perry

Reputable
May 30, 2015
My laptop - Lenovo Z580 - has begun to display a blank screen on start up. For a while, turning it off and holding down the power button for 30 seconds worked but now it won't display anything at all.

I have tried:

• Removing the power brick and holding down power button

Connecting to an external monitor

Removing the RAM and slotting it into the other space (only powers up for 2 seconds, then shuts down, then powers up....etc)

I don't want to take it in to a shop to be looked at, as this would cost me a hefty sum of cash.

Solution
Take out your graphics card and boot without it. If it boots fine, nothing is wrong with your monitor. Boot to safe mode and check your windows event logs for errors with your system, this will help determine if your video card is having problems.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Take out your graphics card and boot without it. If it boots fine, nothing is wrong with your monitor. Boot to safe mode and check your windows event logs for errors with your system, this will help determine if your video card is having problems.

Solution