Question Computer does not boot- need some help.

May 3, 2023
Hello all.
I just purchased parts for a PC, as I was setting everything up I got to where I press the power button (without GPU connected)
Fans spin, lights turn on, about ten seconds pass and then the PSU begins to click.
Nothing appears on the screen, and the PSU clicks as the case light turns on and off and fans continue spinning.
Same happens with the GPU connected. I've tried moving around the RAM, removing the hard disk, taking everything apart and putting it back together.
If anyone could offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated, im quite new to this sort of thing and I'm stumped.

SPECS
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 4500
RAM - 16GB DDR4 (2x8)
MOBO - Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wifi
GPU - AMD RX 580
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 80+ Gold 600W

Last edited:
Hello all.
I just purchased parts for a PC, as I was setting everything up I got to where I press the power button (without GPU connected)
Fans spin, lights turn on, about ten seconds pass and then the PSU begins to click.
Nothing appears on the screen, and the PSU clicks as the case light turns on and off and fans continue spinning.
Same happens with the GPU connected. I've tried moving around the RAM, removing the hard disk, taking everything apart and putting it back together.
If anyone could offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated, im quite new to this sort of thing and I'm stumped.

SPECS
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 4500
RAM - 16GB DDR4 (2x8)
MOBO - Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wifi
GPU - AMD RX 580
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 80+ Gold 600W
You have a faulty psu your psu should never "click"

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You may have created short circuit paths from the BOTTOM of your mobo to your case's main mounting panel by incorrect use of stand-offs. If you are not familiar with this, see my post if Aug 21/22 in this thread