Question Computer does not boot, shows display error

Nichrome1337

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
So I have this system which I have bought 10 years ago. Last year, I opened it up, took the processor out and put it back, then booted it up. It worked fine until about 3 minutes after I was looking at the CPU usage graph, the screen went black. I opened it up again, and found sime scratches in the processor. Also, the 2 legs of the socket fan also broke when I first took out the processor. I tried booting it up, but I shows a 'no display check signal cable' error.

Now, I am trying to 'upgrade' it to a pre-2010 gaming pc. But I can't find which part( I am not sure if it is really the processor) is/are defective. Last year, I tried booting up without the ram, and it did make those beep noises. Now it is not even making any beep noises without the ram. The hdd is spinning, cpu fan is spinning, motherboard light is on and the monitor and VGA cables are good.
Now what should I do? What must have went down?

Which hardware are you using?
CPU, power supply, graphics card, RAM
brand and model of each device please

The CPU is the least possible faulty device, more likely the motherboard´s socket has bent pins or the power supply doesn´t get the system to boot properly. The graphics card is not power or the display cable is not connected correctly.

Do you use an adapter from graphics card to the monitor?
How did you connect to the monitor? VGA, DVI, HDMI or display port?

Did you connect the display cable to the graphics card and not the motherboard?

replacing the CMOS battery can help as well

in which slots did you install the RAM?

Nichrome1337

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Which hardware are you using?
CPU, power supply, graphics card, RAM
brand and model of each device please

The CPU is the least possible faulty device, more likely the motherboard´s socket has bent pins or the power supply doesn´t get the system to boot properly. The graphics card is not power or the display cable is not connected correctly.

Do you use an adapter from graphics card to the monitor?
How did you connect to the monitor? VGA, DVI, HDMI or display port?

Did you connect the display cable to the graphics card and not the motherboard?

replacing the CMOS battery can help as well

in which slots did you install the RAM?
Dg41rq motherboard
Western digital hdd 160gb
2gb ddr2 ram single stick
No graphics card
Core2 E7500
450 watt intex techno rtx psu

I checked the CMOS, I don't think it's the problem. The VGA cable is a direct one, not using an adapter.