Question Computer does not display after swapping graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasEvansOBV

Prominent
Feb 29, 2020
Hello Guys and Gals, if you could help me I'd much appreciate it.

I recently bought a second hand RX 580 and I've installed it into my system and even though it is only temperamental until I get a new motherboard and processor, it now does not work.

In the process of installing it I pulled the motherboard out of the case to install the graphics card (had a hard time slotting it in while in the case) and obviously plugged all of the power supply plugs into the board accordingly.

This has occurred before but was fixed with a simple pull out and plug in of the motherboard connector.

I've got an Lenovo Thinkcentre Mobo? Paired with a i5 2400, 16gb DDR3 and a HDD and I didnt have this problem until I swapped from a GT 710. I recently upgraded the PSU to a 600w Be Quiet.

The computer powers on and the fans start to spin including those on the graphics card but displays no output through it and does not flash the HDD light.

Once unplugging the graphics card with the 8 and 6 pin connector, it does infact beep to let me know of the lack of keyboard plugged in (wireless) but it doesnt when the graphics card is powered if that helps? The HDD still does not flash though even if it was faulty it would still boot into the BIOS correct?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for reading.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Two of my Sapphire 580's wouldn't display after a few months , had to RMA both of them , replacements are still running fine. This was a fairly common issue with 580's for awhile. Is the BIOS on that prebuilt fully updated. Some of those boards from that chipset have had issues booting 500 series cards.

ThomasEvansOBV

Prominent
Feb 29, 2020
Two of my Sapphire 580's wouldn't display after a few months , had to RMA both of them , replacements are still running fine. This was a fairly common issue with 580's for awhile. Is the BIOS on that prebuilt fully updated. Some of those boards from that chipset have had issues booting 500 series cards.
Hello thank you for replying.

I bought this card second hand earlier in the week and I'm not sure if it is the card or the motherboard compatibility.
I googled up on the Lenovo is6xm (my current motherboard) and apparently it has got to do with a whitelist of the bios restricting newer ATI Cards such as the 500 series. I'm not sure if this is correct and I updated the bios to the latest available though it still does not display or show the BIOS with the new card installed.

I don't think I can RMA the cards since they are second hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.