Question Computer does not Post when GPU is seated

Jan 9, 2023
Hello, i have a weird problem, 4 months ago i built my first PC and everything went well.

however yesterday i moved to another town and when i set up my pc, i was getting no signal on my monitor and a red VGA Debug light.

i reseated my gpu, my ram, checked all connections and everything seems to be working, except i get no signal nor Power to my USB Ports. Sometimes i can see the C for Caps on my keyboard and the mousewheel lights up, but then turn off after some time.

when i take out my gpu, everything works, but it takes forever to boot, i have no CPU integrated GPU but i can see it because SignalRGB turns my LEDs colorful instead of white. The Keyboard LEDs turn on completely and the mouse does too.

Motherboard: Aorus Z690 Elite AX DDR5
CPU: I5 12400f
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080
RAM: Aorus DDR5 Ram
PSU: Corsair 850x

Sorry if i forgot something and thanks in advance.

Jan 9, 2023
You more than likely damaged the PCI-E slot the GPU was installed in while transporting the PC. You should always remove or secure the GPU when moving.

Try installing the GPU in the 2nd slot.
I was about to try it right now, although i forgot about taking it out and i extra have a holder installed for the gpu (it doesn‘t sag but i thought i just do it precautious)

i will put it in another slot and come back.