[SOLVED] Computer does not recognize windows 10 flash drive after it shut down while installing windows.

Oct 21, 2019
Hey everyone!
I'm building my first computer (it's for my new HTC vive) but I am stuck! I got the computer running and to install windows 10 but it shutdown mid installation because the cpu was too hot. Now I got a good fan for the cpu so the computer stays on but it dosent recognize my windows flashdrive.
I tried multiple USB drives in different USB slots but all I see is the following text:
"operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press ctrl alt del to restart"(obviously tried pressing that but i get back to the same screen).
I have a huananzhi X79 LGA2011 motherboard.

Would very much appreciate any help. Thank you!

Solution
Go to BIOS System Configuration Settings by spam pressing either F1, F2 or F9 when restarting your PC.
You want to change the Legacy Boot order. to do so, move the device which contains operation system installed [Should be your HDD/SSD] to the top position. this will set the device to boot first. Simply Save changes and Exit. Hope that helps!

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Go to BIOS System Configuration Settings by spam pressing either F1, F2 or F9 when restarting your PC.
You want to change the Legacy Boot order. to do so, move the device which contains operation system installed [Should be your HDD/SSD] to the top position. this will set the device to boot first. Simply Save changes and Exit. Hope that helps!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS