Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
Hello, my computer(I built it 2 years ago) was working fine 3 days ago. I went to bed, the next morning it wouldn't turn on. No PSU fan noise, PSU wasn't spinning, no case fan lights, no motherboard lights, and the PSU Cooler fan wasn't spinning. It act's as if there's no power. I tried a couple different outlets, I tried not using my battery back up, still not working. So I thought it might be the power supply unit.

I did the paper clip test, the PSU works it just doesn't work when connected to the motherboard and I hit the power button, but just in case, I bought a better modular power supply re-did everything. Still nothing, no power to anything, no fans, no noise, no lights. So I thought it might be the motherboard( I had a refurbished cheap motherboard).

I replaced the motherboard today with a brand new b450 tomahawk max. Still no power to anything, no lights, no noise, no anything. Now I'm thinking maybe it's the Case's power switch.

So I went and got a new case quickly from best buy. Still no power.

I also tested the ram individually, I removed one stick and switched them around to see if maybe one of the ram could be causing it. Maybe both are bad? Can ram cause the computer to not turn completely on?

Does anyone have anything else to try that I might be missing with what's going on here?

B450 Tomahawk Max
corsair cx650m
Ryzen 7 1700x
Corsair Vengeance 8x2(16gb) 2600
Deep Cool Cooler
Samsung M.2
Asrock RX570 4gb
Case: NZXT H510i

Thank you.

Andrew

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020
Nothing unusual, a couple months ago, I thought I overclocked the graphics card too much. However I've tried booting without the graphics card and without ram, and it still won't turn on. Possibly CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.