Computer does not turn on at all...

faztazfuk613

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
so here's the thing, I had a perfectly normal working home built gaming system and I kept trying to overclock it to a higher ghz. and during a test it turned off, the top lights were blinking, which then i turned off the power to the comp, and when i tried to turn it back on had no response from the comp.

specs

MB: 870a-g54
cpu: phenom II x6 1090T 3.2ghz
ram: corsair vengence 8gb 1600mhz
cpu cooler: hyper N520
gpu: radeon hd 6950
850watt psu
1terabyte hd
windows 8 consumer preview 64bit

So far, I've ruled out that it's NOT my psu, I disconnected it left it connected to a case fan and did the green wire pin test and it turned on and powered the fan just fine. I also tried to clear CMOS already.

Note the comp turned off during a prime 98 test, got too hot reached about 70C, before i stopped it from working.

I'm suspecting/hoping its a fried mobo... I really hope its not my cpu or gpu, how can I trouble shoot this?

Note, when I took off my 3 pin cpu fan from MB and replugged my cpu, the fans twitched lights kinda turned on, and it beeped once, and then back to no power at all. So it's almost like it's attempting to turn on but nothing. Please help, I want to rule out the exact harwdware issue so I can have it replaced and get my comp back to working conditions! thanks!

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Yes it may be. But the steps taken to troubleshoot boot problems are the same for all PC's.
In your case pay particular attention to number 13 on that list. You may have a faulty plug, fan wire, fan or motherboard socket.

"the fans twitched lights kinda turned on, and it beeped once, and then back to no power at all." That kind of points us in that direction don't you think?