Question Computer does not turn on, possible power supply failure

Jan 8, 2020
Around Christmas eve my computer began to shut off on its own, at random without warning. It proceeded to do so steadily at least once almost every day until tonight when it shut down as I was playing a game. I turned off the power from the back of the computer for about 10 seconds and flipped the switch again to begin the reboot process, it made it to the boot screen before it shut down again, it repeated this process for another 3-4 times before I cut the power completely. Now it will not even power up anymore. I'm a total amateur when it comes to computers and honestly don't know what hardware I have other than possibly a 1060ti and either an i5 or i7 processor. I don't even know where to begin so any help would be welcome, and thanks in advance.

Jan 8, 2020
I managed to unscrew and wiggle the PSU out, but I've broken computers before and for some ungodly reason they decided to bury this PSU under a large panel that I can't figure out how to get off, but I did get a picture of the PSU details I think. Pretty sure its an AL-D500EXP hope this helps a bit. I'll continue to try the other stuff.

Jan 8, 2020
I managed to unscrew and wiggle the PSU out, but I've broken computers before and for some ungodly reason they decided to bury this PSU under a large panel that I can't figure out how to get off, but I did get a picture of the PSU details I think. Pretty sure its an AL-D500EXP hope this helps a bit. I'll continue to try the other stuff.
Also I forgot to mention, the graphics card has a light on, when its plugged up, so I assume that means it is getting power. This PC is only a year old, so I didn't expect it to break this soon.

Jan 8, 2020
Around Christmas eve my computer began to shut off on its own, at random without warning. It proceeded to do so steadily at least once almost every day until tonight when it shut down as I was playing a game. I turned off the power from the back of the computer for about 10 seconds and flipped the switch again to begin the reboot process, it made it to the boot screen before it shut down again, it repeated this process for another 3-4 times before I cut the power completely. Now it will not even power up anymore. I'm a total amateur when it comes to computers and honestly don't know what hardware I have other than possibly a 1060ti and either an i5 or i7 processor. I don't even know where to begin so any help would be welcome, and thanks in advance.
All I did was wait a while, unscrew the PSU and screwed it back in to get the Pic and it turned on. Gonna do some testing tonight to see if it shuts off again. I don't feel confident this was the solution

Jan 8, 2020
I think your PSU is the APEX al-d500exp 500W, you should buy other good brand PSU for your PC.

Here is the PSU lemon list, it is on the list. If you are lucky the PSU does not kill your PC. http://johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-lemon-list.html
Ok so thats terrifying. I ran it a lot today and it cut off again, so I checked this forum and I'm just gonna keep that timebomb off while I work out a replacement. Thankfully everything else worked fine so I don't believe it has damaged anything yet. Thanks for your help

Jan 8, 2020
I agree to get rid of that APEX PSU ASAP.

I would check the recommended power supplies thread below my post to see reliable PSU models.

Even a Corsair CX450 would be sufficient and reliable, although id go for the 550w version which would allow for upgrades down the road.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Fd...onze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na
Thanks for the help, I will grab that Corsair 550w as soon as I'm able. Now do I have to worry about fitting it in my PC or are PSU's a "one size fits all." Kinda thing? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.